In fact, I’m leaving chickens out of it entirely.
I take my coffee with duck egg. Say what?! If you haven’t heard of bulletproof coffee, it’s a paleo thing. You know, that whole foods and dieting craze frustrating bread-lovers the world over. I’m not going to get into it too much, but ever since I tried to drink coffee sans cream or milk (like the big shots), I realized that I’m the type that needs stuff in her coffee. Even raw eggs. And ghee. Sounds totally disgusting, right? It’s quite good, otherwise I wouldn’t dedicate the space in my Recipe Box for it. By the way, does anyone know why they call it “bulletproof”? Hmm . . . I’ll have to think about that. Reminds me of Superman for some reason.
I’m challenging you to give it a go. And think of the nutritional benefits your morning coffee will give you (Whole30 Approved).
- 1 Duck (or large chicken) egg
- 1 Tbsp. Ghee / Clarified butter
- Optional: 1 tsp. preferred spice or flavoring
- Brew enough coffee to fill cup or glass 3/4 full.
- Add egg, and ghee to the blender; add flavoring or spice: vanilla and cinnamon are both good choices, but you can go without.
- Pour hot coffee into blender and blend for about 15 seconds, or until all ingredients are frothy and incorporated.
- Pour and enjoy!
A duck egg is typically somewhere in the 70 gram range, so that’s 130 calories.
Am I telling you something you already know?
“Yes, Jennie, I had my bulletproof coffee this morning!”
Whole30ers, if you liked this you should check out my Pins at “Mermaid Whole30”
Or is this entirely new to you? Drop me a line in the comments below. Or take a little duck nap.